Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How come Cell C cannot send me an SMS straight away, but Gmail can?

My tirade against Cell C continues.
I was editing my details on the Cell C site, and before you can do anything, you need to enter a one time password that Cell C is supposed to send to your phone.

That was 20 minutes ago, and still I wait for my one time pin, the patient guy that I am.

Confusing, that.
When Gmail sends me SMS reminders of upcoming appointments, I receive them exactly 2 hours prior to the meeting itself, which makes sense since my default reminder period is, in fact 2 hours :)

So how is it then, that Gmail, sending an SMS from a UK-based number, can relay an SMS to me in a single second, yet Cell C, my very own local network, cannot.
I am actually going to point hellopeter.com to this post, in the desperate hope that Cell C may actually do something about it... watch this space.
Reactions:

2 comments:

  1. You have provided an nice article, Thank you very much for this one. And i hope this will be useful for many people.. and i am waiting for your next post keep on updating these kinds of knowledgeable things...
    Texting API
    Fitness SMS
    Mobile Marketing Companies
    Sms Whitelabel Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.Thanks for sharing this information,this is useful to me...
    Mobile Marketing Service
    Mobile Marketing Companies

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-10656659-1