Monday, July 12, 2010

How was your World Cup experience...? What did you think of the Final...?

At the start of last night's Soccer World Cup final, I really was indifferent in terms of who I wanted to lift the trophy.
As the game progressed, however, it became increasingly apparent how dirty the Dutch were playing.
Sure they play a more "physical" game - I get that, but guys this is soccer, not rugby.

I also felt that all the cards that were handed out were justified - well done Howard Webb.
I had the chance to see Howard Webb in action at the Italy - Slovakia game as well, and I must say that the man has significant presence on the field.
To keep it together under immense pressure from 22 pumped up players on a volatile field (and 90 000 crazed fans!!), is a feat to be admired and a job which I must say, it takes a brave man to do.

Viva Espana and Viva Howard Webb!


Zakumi, the official mascot for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

Well done South Africa - we hosted a kick-ass World Cup, we silenced all the doomsday prophets and changed perceptions worldwide.
I don't think that we even fully realize the process of transformation that has been put in motion in our country as a result of this massive event...

As one of the ushers at Soccer City was chanting to the queue at the Rea Vaya station: "Forwards ever, backwards never!"
Reactions:

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice collection......again, beautiful :) I love reading your posts. They make me cheer up .
    Acer laptops

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-10656659-1