Thursday, April 22, 2010

OMG THE OLYMPIC TORCH VIRUS... is a frikkin hoax. So please stop sending it to EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!

If I receive one more email warning me about the so-called "Olympic Torch" virus, or the "Black in the White House" virus, which miraculously "burns" your whole hard drive, and "destroys zero sector, where vital information is kept", I will personally track down the sender of the email and make them eat their computer.

How many times must this ridiculous hoax circulate and waste our time and bandwidth?
I suppose Joe Public is just being cautious, but I get tired of informing Joe Public that this threat is actually very much non-existent.

As a guideline, if you receive an email which warns of some impending Armageddon Virus which will erase your children, it will most likely try to use some big computer / company names (eg. Microsoft, Mcafee, Symantec, CNN etc.) to back up the outrageous claims that it is making...

Still don't believe me? Snopes it here:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/invitation.asp

If you are still not sure, please comment on this post and I will check it out for you.
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-10656659-1