Monday, April 19, 2010

Awesome photos of the Icelandic volcanic eruption...

It's old news by now that the volcano Eyjafjallajokull erupted in Iceland last week, but aside from the huge amount of flight disruptions and international media about this event, the photos of the volcano itself need to be seen in order to appreciate the scale and ferocity of the eruption. It is a tribute to the awesome forces of nature that we as the human race have absolutely no control over...











An awesome and scary spectacle to be witness to - I love how the tourists stand around watching while the Earth just goes about its daily business of creating new land :)
If you have visited my blog before you will know that photography of Icelandic / Nordic / Scandanavian landscapes totally fascinates me - click here for previous posts on the topic.

p.s. I picked these photos up from all over the net - if you spot one that you took, please drop me a comment and I will give credit where credit is due... wish I could have been the one to take some of these!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Grab your inverter now and be prepared for Load Shedding!

Shop HP Printers here!

Low on ink? Shop Genuine HP Ink and Toner here!

Shop Targus laptop bags, USB hubs, accessories and gadgets here!

Popular Posts