Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jub Jub gets a rash...

Who is Jub Jub?

That's the question on a lot of people's minds after watching Survivor SA tonight.
Answer: Jub Jub is a JHB-based musician / hip-hop artist who gained additional fame and exposure by revealing that he had a crotch rash on Survivor SA. Ouch.

So that's 2 deserters already and its only the 2nd episode.
It was nice though to see Nico giving Jub Jub a hard time about leaving - as I mentioned last week, Christina Storm just walked off the island with pretty much no resistance.


I am Jub Jub

As for Jub Jub's injury, I cannot say whether or not he was fit to continue... if it was really serious then I guess not.
I noticed though how he casually called on the medics when he cut his foot on some coral - something rarely seen on Survivor CBS. Over there you have to be dead or nearly dead in order for the cavalry to come and save you.

So all in all I am enjoying this series of Survivor SA a damn sight more than I did the first.
I do have one bone to pick however - the background music is off in my opinion. Just a tad.
To illustrate my point:

- ...and Action!
- 2 Tribemates are secretly discussing strategy and alliances in the tribe.
- the camera zooms in for a more intense point of view of the action.
- cue Star Wars soundtrack as background music.... and VOILA! The suspense is shattered, and the cheese is introduced.

Yup. That's what we have as background music in Survivor SA - a lame cover version of the original Star Wars score... or something similar :)
I suppose it has to do with CBS licencing rights etc. that put a limitation on the kind of music used in the SA version of the show, but I do think that they could have done a better job of creating music that fits in with the general atmosphere of Survivor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Grab your inverter now and be prepared for Load Shedding!

Shop HP Printers here!

Low on ink? Shop Genuine HP Ink and Toner here!

Shop Targus laptop bags, USB hubs, accessories and gadgets here!

Popular Posts