Thursday, March 8, 2012

Look what just arrived on my desk... It's a Motormonkey!

I just sat down in front of my laptop to get some emails done for the morning, and I was pleasantly surprised by a parcel on my desk, courtesy of the fine folk over at Wintec Solutions.

I have to say guys, this parcel was so well wrapped that in the event of a nuclear catastrophe, it would probably be one of the last items left intact (along with the cockroaches, that is ;))

Thankfully though, my trusty pocket knife was on hand and I was able to get through the thick layer of protection, beneath which I found a brand spanking new Motormonkey - the only in-car cellphone charger that you will ever need (and also the world's smallest...!).



Charges a range of devices using various tips...
Please pardon the photo quality - remind me never to buy a phone with a fixed-focus camera again... :)

The Motormonkey sits snugly in your car cigarette lighter socket until it is ready to be used.
When you need it, simply plug in the USB retractable cable along with the required tip and your cellphone, and you are good to go.

Included with the Motormonkey you will find:

  • 1 x Samsung M300 / G600 tip
  • 1 x Nokia and Mini Nokia tip
  • 1 x Micro USB tip
  • 1 x USB retractable cable
  • 1 x Mini USB tip for Motorola Razr, Blackberry, GPS and other USB powered devices
  • 1 x Sony Ericsson K750i wide connector
  • 1 x DC 4.0 connector for PSP
  • 1 x LG Chocolate connector
I was also wondering about iPhone / iPod compatibility, when I realised that the cable provided with your iPhone / iPod simply plugs directly into the Motormonkey's USB port, so it covers pretty much any phone that you may have :)

In case you are concerned about voltages and other facts and figures, here they are:
  • Input: 12V ~ 24V
  • Output: 5.5V 700mA
  • Output port: USB supports iPod
  • Length: 43mm; Diameter: 24mm
  • Weight: 40g
  • Colour: Silver
Well that really is about all I can say for now - I am off to plug my new Motormonkey into my car... once the monsoon outside subsides anyway :)
Once I have used it for a few days I will post another update here, so check back frequently!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Grab your inverter now and be prepared for Load Shedding!

Shop HP Printers here!

Low on ink? Shop Genuine HP Ink and Toner here!

Shop Targus laptop bags, USB hubs, accessories and gadgets here!

Popular Posts