Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A BMW M1 you say? No Sir, that is in fact a 1 Series M Coupe...

It's a little thing really, not something to lose much sleep over...

Even so, I have to say I find it a little irritating when some wannabe car-nut says "Wow man check out that BMW M1", or something along those lines, as a shiny new 1 Series BMW with 4 tailpipes roars past in a blur...
I am no car fundi, and even I know the difference.

Firstly, THIS is a BMW M1 (circa 1978 - 1981):


 Secondly, THIS is a BMW 1 Series M Coupe (2011):


Big difference.
Are we clear? :)

All naming confusions aside however, both are seriously legendary machines, notwithstanding the 30 year gap between them...

Now the only question is where to find the insane amount of ZAR required to get me one of these bright orange pocket rockets...
If I can find one, that is...!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Grab your inverter now and be prepared for Load Shedding!

Shop HP Printers here!

Low on ink? Shop Genuine HP Ink and Toner here!

Shop Targus laptop bags, USB hubs, accessories and gadgets here!

Popular Posts