Thursday, April 22, 2010

OMG THE OLYMPIC TORCH VIRUS... is a frikkin hoax. So please stop sending it to EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!

If I receive one more email warning me about the so-called "Olympic Torch" virus, or the "Black in the White House" virus, which miraculously "burns" your whole hard drive, and "destroys zero sector, where vital information is kept", I will personally track down the sender of the email and make them eat their computer.

How many times must this ridiculous hoax circulate and waste our time and bandwidth?
I suppose Joe Public is just being cautious, but I get tired of informing Joe Public that this threat is actually very much non-existent.

As a guideline, if you receive an email which warns of some impending Armageddon Virus which will erase your children, it will most likely try to use some big computer / company names (eg. Microsoft, Mcafee, Symantec, CNN etc.) to back up the outrageous claims that it is making...

Still don't believe me? Snopes it here:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/invitation.asp

If you are still not sure, please comment on this post and I will check it out for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Grab your inverter now and be prepared for Load Shedding!

Shop HP Printers here!

Low on ink? Shop Genuine HP Ink and Toner here!

Shop Targus laptop bags, USB hubs, accessories and gadgets here!

Popular Posts