Thursday, September 24, 2009

Is Lily Allen calling it quits?

Rumours are out that Lilly Allen has hung up her microphone, at least for now.
According to a post on her recently-launched anti-piracy blog at http://idontwanttochangetheworld.blogspot.com/, Allen had the following to say:


"Just so you know, I have not renegotiated my record contract and have no plans to make another record (applause). I do however remain a fan of new music, so this is not some selfish crusade,"... 
..."The days of me making money from recording music has been and gone as far as I'm concerned ... Slagging me, my music and my so-called 'family connections' off, and calling me a government puppet is not going to get anyone anywhere, so stop it. I think people assume we artists are a lot richer than you think we are, please bear in mind this doesn't have anything to do with me or my wealth."...

In an unexpected move, she then deleted the entire blog just hours later (which is why her blog at the above address is currently blank :)), citing on her Twitter account that "the abuse was getting too much."

Whether you love or hate her, you can be sure that the music industry will miss her oddball quirkyness and controversial choice of lyrics...!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Grab your inverter now and be prepared for Load Shedding!

Shop HP Printers here!

Low on ink? Shop Genuine HP Ink and Toner here!

Shop Targus laptop bags, USB hubs, accessories and gadgets here!

Popular Posts